Legal ways to battle a neighborhood eyesore

What happens if you move into a great neighborhood and love the place but then a neighbor allows his home to become an eyesore? You can try asking your neighbor to correct the problem but if that does not work, contact your homeowner’s association.  Some HOAs will take action to correct the problem without further legal battles.  If all else fails, report any code violations to the local authorities or contact an attorney to check into local ordinances about owners not maintaining their property.

For more on how to handle this sticky legal situation read, “Legal How-To: Battling a Neighborhood Eyesore.”