Advice for dealing with underreporting income

If you have received a notice from the IRS that they have received information that indicates you have underreported income on your tax returns, take it very seriously. The IRS usually discovers underreported income by taxpayers from a third party such as an estranged spouse, angry family member or disgruntled employee. Once the IRS begins to act on this information, it is imperative that the taxpayer begin to defend himself. Begin by hiring an experienced tax attorney and do not discuss the matter with federal agents without your attorney present.

For more information about what you should do read, “Fraudulent Tax Returns?”

Speak Your Mind


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.