Filing amended tax returns

If you rushed to file your tax returns by the deadline in April, you may find that you made an error and need to amend your tax return. Whatever the reason may be, if you need to amend your federal tax return there are a few things that you should know. For example, you cannot electronically file an amended tax return. Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Tax Return, must be filed by mail with the IRS.

To read more about when you should file an amended tax return and for more tips see, “Tax Tip #4: Fast Facts On Filing An Amended Tax Return.”

Speak Your Mind


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.